Monday, August 15, 2005

Dialogues: Collectors are not rocket scientists

(While Dialogues are normally imaginary, this Dialogue was a real phone conversation today with a former creditor.)

Q. Hello, we're calling for -- [reading the account for the first time] Oh...! Your account is paid in full!
A. Yes, and it has been for several months now. Do you think you folks could stop calling me several times a day, including 8 am on Sunday mornings?
Q. [mumbles something or other]
A. It just seems like my records of your account with me are always more up-to-date and organized than your records of your account with me. I know what's up with it when you never do. I mean, it's your job to get these things right, not mine.
Q. Oh, uh -- it's your responsibility to request a letter from us! That's your job, to make sure you have that!
A. Oh, OK -- wow! Thanks for telling me that now! Um, can you send me one of those, please? Today?
Q. [mumbles something or other]
A. OK, great! Thanks! After all, you guys are the professionals! We trust you to get these things right! Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home