Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Email: Surviving weather and men [LG]

Yay, God, for saving Houston!

I think it's best to let something happen when it happens. I think "wanting a partner" too much can lead to poorer choices than when you can freely choose either way. I don't think you're "done" or fated to be single for life; you really are a neat woman to know, and with a lot to give. Just practice giving it to those around you, and eventually (I believe) God will give something extra to you.

It's good for you to focus on building your own life; I don't think that should ever have to suffer, even when we are in a season or a vocation of caregiving to others. I've always worked to "have it all" anyway: maybe having just a little bit of each dish at the buffet, but having each dish at the buffet; maybe burning the midnight oil, but getting done what I choose to get done. It takes effort to really live one's life and not just subsist from day to day. You are so very right to choose to end it with someone who (you say) was telling you what to think, feel and do. That's simply garbage. No woman (or man) should ever put up with that, for even one minute, be it friendship or romance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home