Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Email: Cookies crumble? [PD]

They're used by legitimate websites, advertisers, and spammers. You can't use houstonchronicle.com, for example, without accepting them. You can always go back and delete your cookies (individually or in aggregate) through a command in your web browser (see the help for details), but your browser will forget how to log in to the legitimate sites that it learned to do for you. (You write down your passwords in a secure place, right?)

On another matter, you may choose not to use Forms Manager to remember usernames and passwords to websites. My bank site uses my SSN as my username, and I found it appeared in a popup of available usernames -- not good! So I turned off Forms Manager even for the times it asks me to make the choice: [It's] always No for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home