Saturday, December 10, 2005

Press: The invisible woman

(I seem to have the same super power of invisibility.)

North County Times - The invisible woman: "A couple of times, it seemed I even channeled my hidden ability to my car, causing drivers to think they could pull into my lane without signals -- presumably because they didn't see me right before their eyes.

And then there was that time in a luxury department store when the sales associate waited on several people who came up to her after I did.

I said, 'Is there a particular reason that you are taking those people ahead of me?' and she said, 'Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't see you standing there.'

And another time when a clerk rushed over and offered to assist a woman who arrived well after me. I turned to the recent arrival and said, 'Excuse me, would you do me a favor, please? Would you look to your right and see if there's a tall, queen-sized black woman standing next to you?'"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home