Friday, January 06, 2006

Email: Be just or be nice [AS]

I have a desire only for friends who don't smoke, lie, act shallow and similar craven sins. I interact with some who intersect those categories, and I even like some [a lot] -- [Giger fan K comes to mind --] but at this time I have no friends (save JB) who smoke (or etc.).

I'm glad UT won [the Rose Bowl]. Go Texas!

It's too bad when people treat you like shit and then pretend to (or do) forget that anything ever happened. I'm developing this cynical theory that the quickest path to happiness includes intentional ignorance. You can't evaporate a pan full of air [or prickle a conscience that's evaporated]!

It's OK to be (or stay) mad. Maybe you can forgive her with time (since reparation doesn't seem likely). But it's up to you and your feelings. Be true to yourself and what really happened first (which demands justice); being nice is helpful but, in the big picture, overrated. The prophet Jeremiah wasn't nice!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home