Thursday, January 19, 2006

Email: MyPoints Support

Just to repeat my biannual protest of two of your insidious practices:

1. Sending offers that award no points for clicking the link. (Why would I belong to MyPoints without even that minimal award for your filling my inbox with junk mail? Everyone hates a miser.)

2. Sending offers that "recommend" Internet Explorer but in fact will not display without it. (From a technical and a user perspective, IE has become the worst browser on the market. Everyone hates a bigot.)

4 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Blogger Georganna Hancock M.S. said...

What is it about these "points" groups? A recent email from points.com offered me "thousands" of points for joining their premium service. It was 1150 points, to be exact. When I tried to reply, pointing out that one thousand, one hundred-fifty is NOT "thousands", the reply was that I'd responded to an email address that was not monitored.

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Twerpette said...

Sounds like we’re cut from the same cloth! I’d tell them they’re illogical too — but I know that, being illogical, they’d never listen or see the sense in it (much less care)!

I’d only go with the top 2-3 points firms; see which ones link with the airlines, Amazon.com, etc. I’m sure a lot of scammers are out there (salivating over us as marketing “prospects”).

 
At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MyPoints is the real deal. I get a couple of gift cards a year from them. Quit yer complaining...it's free!

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Twerpette said...

Free in money, cost in time. I get cards too -- but they are starting to charge more in time without awarding points.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home