Sunday, February 19, 2006

Email: Men and feelings [SL]

I think women know what their feelings are but men don't entirely know themselves. Men can talk based on facts and logic in nearly every circumstance, but we lack the lexicon for emotions in many instances. It's territory to reconnoiter and learn. So when a woman says "I wish men would talk about their feelings" they may as well say "I wish men would say whether they prefer fuchsia over gardenia." It's not likely to happen; we don't even know what those things are. (I care about such things, and I still don't know! BTW are they both plants, or colors, or one of each?)

I would like to write a humorous (but scary) book called The Awful Truth About Dating, Vol. I: Explaining Women to Men and Vol. II: Explaining Men to Women. Then another two-volume called The Awful Truth About Relationships. Trust me, there are things men think, say, and do that women do not want to know. Men are generally strategic--they will say or do whatever it takes to get what they want--while women are generally authentic--they say and do what they really think and feel. I have been saying such things for years, but I think these books would be the way to reach a broader audience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home