Saturday, February 18, 2006

Weblogs: Drunk on text

Infinite Regression: Drunk on Text: "Books have a powerful sway over me. For one thing I generally believe and am influenced by the well-written good ones, so you may say that they exercise some control over my mind. Secondly, I also compulsively purchase used books. I have to have more books. You could say that my economics are in part textually oriented. (the good thing here is that I rarely buy new books, the covers are too colorful and you spent as much on a paperback as what you might spend on a nice used hardback in perfect condition). A lot of the words I use, whether writing or speaking, are in my mind because of books. My moods are even influenced by the atmospheres created by the texts I continually immerse myself in."

1 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Blogger Michael Dodd said...

I once described myself as a "compulsive over-reader."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home