Monday, January 01, 2007

Email: Happy New Year [CM]

Father Mario's homily was about how no family is as perfect as our image of the Holy Family, but our family is where we become holy through the daily tussles and choices we make in the Lord. (Another reason I'm glad to be back in the Catholic Church is that [my youngest son] is attending services with me, not required to go off to some kids' place because Protestant services seem largely to not want children present until they can be completely adult about the worship service. I've always liked it that the Catholic Church not only prefers children to be present but offers a "crying room.")

Time really did get away from me, for the first time this year, because I was probably making [my youngest son] some hot cereal right at the moment when midnight passed. I think that's a fine way to pass the moment too -- so absorbed in family life that the instant no longer stands on its own but as a part of the whole. Not "Look at the beautiful tree!" but "What a lovely forest we are having a walk in! Look at all the hundreds of beautiful trees around us!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home