Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Press: Superstores figure it out - CU

www.computeruser.com: "One of the first things former editor Steve Deyo said to me in my brief tenure as his managing editor was 'Friends don't let friends buy from superstores.' The comment was in reference to my purchase of a computer from Best Buy [...]. Steve left me in charge a month after I came to this organization, so I never really got him to explain his comment. But my own experiences over the years on the job have helped me fill in the blanks. Superstores are historically poor in the service category, and service is the most underrated aspect of computing."

What I usually said in those days (though my ex did so anyway) is "Friends don't let friends buy Packard Bell [computers]"!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home