Saturday, August 25, 2007

Quotes: "Give me the grace to change myself" (de Mello)

"I was a revolutionary when I was young and all my prayer to God was, 'Lord, give me the energy to change the world.' As I approached middle age and realized that half my life was gone without my changing a single soul, I changed my prayer to 'Lord, give me the grace to change all those who come in contact with me. Just my family and friends, and I shall be satisfied.' Now that I am old and my days are numbered, my one prayer is, 'God, give me the grace to change myself.' If I had prayed this right from the start I should not have wasted my life." -- Rev. Anthony de Mello

1 Comments:

At 10:46 AM, Blogger Carol said...

When I was younger I would pray for guidance. Now I pray for patience and understanding of the guidance offered me.

What are we if not constant and forever learners?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home