Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Puzzles: the marriage mixup

Does it help to keep in mind there will always be a lunatic fringe to
society, and just let your blood pressure simmer instead of boil?

+ "I am a man and I want to marry a man."
+ "I am a woman and I want to marry my dog."
+ "I am a dweeb and I want to marry my computer."

By the way, you have not "seen it all" until you have read Factsheet Five, a compendium of all the weird proclivities and publications that serve those proclivities. Factsheet Five will convince you of one of two things, depending on your temperament or prejudice:

+ The world is going to hell in a handbasket.
+ Things are not so bad, since something more pathetic or laughable is always around the corner (but still mercifully much in the minority and out of plain view).

Try to keep things in perspective. It is only extremists who lose their sense of perspective, objectivity -- and humor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home