Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Email: How did you fare through Rita? [CK]

I do appreciate all these provisions and protections from the Lord, but it is important to both see it and to say it (repeat with me out loud: "Thank you God!"). I am beginning to think he appreciates or blesses prayer even more if we speak it aloud or are emotionally invested (from concerned to desperate) in the outcome. I grew up camping so I have always understood life without conveniences. (I don't think any tribal people is "backwards" or "deprived" because they live in grass huts without running water.) In fact, it's interesting to note what was a luxury when we were young is now considered by many to be a necessity (such as each child having their own room and TV, not to mention DVD, video game and MP3 players). The trend toward bigger is not necessarily better; convenience and technology have to do with how but "better" has to do with why.

Gosh I'm glad you like my blog. I'm worried that I will alienate people who take offense at one thing or another. ("You said "some" instead of "all"! I can't believe you would be so [adjective of your choice]!") You have to trust your instincts to be a writer though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home