Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Weblogs: Course recommendation [on The Iliad]

(Today I ran across a lengthy missive on Pauline Greek from Dr. Elizabeth Vandiver -- from pre-Texas days when I was on the MereLewis list -- and now who do I find blogged on Volokh?)

The Volokh Conspiracy - Course Recommendation: "A couple of weeks ago, I blogged about the movie Troy. At the time, I noted some of the discrepancies between the movie and the Iliad, and urged people to use the movie as an opportunity to go back to the poem. [...]

Elizabeth Vandiver's 12 lecture course on the Iliad is excellent. [... S]he is a great lecturer. She tells the story of the Iliad, but also addresses other fascinating questions such as whether Homer wrote the Iliad, the role of the gods in the poem, and, of course, the Iliad's view of the human condition."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home