Monday, February 06, 2006

Websites: Peerflix

Although it's more complex than it needs to be, Peerflix is a cool riff on Netflix:

1. You list DVDs you have but no longer want.
2. Someone else's wish list tags you for a dibs.
3. You agree, print a Peerflix mailer, fold and tape it as instructed around the DVD, affix a stamp and mail it.
4. You immediately get Peerbux (1 to 3, depending on the DVD's popularity), which lets the system request dibs for DVDs on your wish list.
5. You get your first trade free, then buy trade credits (99 cents each, one per trade).

Voila! So far I've given away Three Teenage Ninjas, Rumble in the Bronx, and Reservoir Dogs to receive My Big Fat Greek Wedding and The Human Stain. Now if someone would dibs my Jackie Chan's First Strike, I could get The Matrix Revolutions, The Last Samurai or Sideways. You can get Star Wars, Madagascar, almost anything you want; I even have a few obscure art films in my wish list, and prospects look good for getting a dibs soon.

Check out Peerflix! I found it through MyPoints.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home