Saturday, March 04, 2006

Email: Seize the--HEY! [CH]

I do try to speak and act on a considered basis as a rule. However, I am generally so fast at it that people may not notice the difference. In class, when teaching, I speak very fast, spontaneously and even impulsively. I am that way with friends too; I [can] dance at least one circle around my quickest friends. (When MG [is] ribbing me, I start throwing in my own self-deprecating jibes, then usually hijack the whole spiel and take it a step further. She snorts "Stop one-upping my one-upping of you!")

I do not as a rule try to wrest initiative from others for myself, ever. I like to empower others to rise to at least an equivalent level of social and intellectual interaction. Those who have a greater share of ego will do fine on their own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home