Sunday, March 05, 2006

Movies: My Oscar predictions - 15 of 24

Well, I'm pleased to have accurately predicted 15 of 24 Oscar award winners -- using gut instinct alone, having seen only 7 of all films nominated and having read nothing about any of the nominations I had not seen. In fact, I really wanted two of the films I had seen to win -- and they did (Crash for Best Film and March of the Penguins for Best Documentary), even though I didn't predict them to win in those categories. (Click the title bar link to see my predictions.) The remaining 7 categories I got wrong were minor ones: Best Animated Feature, Best Live Short Film, Best Short Documentary, Best Sound Mixing, Best Song, Best Foreign Language, Best Cinematography. (By the way, I have no idea how or why "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp" was nominated, performed live, or won the Oscar.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home