Sunday, June 11, 2006

Email: Who is the right type? [C]

My folks have taught me a lot. The rest they just passed on through osmosis -- or was it mitosis?

Yes, the Myers-Briggs is a handy tool; many organizations even base their management and team practices on it. In the early 1980s, I was the quintessential INTJ; now I'm probably more of an INTP; but the thing is while I was two-thirds I and one-third E (and similarly with other scales), over the years my scores have migrated so now I'm fairly well 45/55 across the board. I've become more balanced! That's the trouble with tests that make you pick one option among two though; I'm not usually one or the other, either/or; I'm often both...

What about your Myers-Briggs? And are you planning to use it to help discern the kind of mate you are looking for? I find that there are two kinds of people: Those who want a mate or partner who is closely similar to their predilections to ensure compatibility, or those who want a mate or partner who simply want someone who is expansive enough to process and grow no matter what their similarities and differences may be. I suspect the second population is smaller than the first, however, so maybe the first is the most sensible after all. It certainly is the most common-sense (if hit-and miss).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home