Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Press: China advances on all fronts - NPR

"The Chinese government has made two announcements. First, it's giving every vegetable a unique identity number and file. The Beijing News reports this is to ensure food safety during the 2008 Olympics."

(I have long said computers are essentially a means to store and control information, and we have yet to see the abuses which technology will be made to deliver. If China can do it with vegetables, they can do it with people. Eventually, I suspect, everything will be bar-coded or ID-tagged.)

1 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't be a bit surprised, if that happened at some future point. You know from my email to you earlier today that I found my venture into China rather frightening. I choked back laughter when a sales person in Chong Chiang told us that the government told them that something was true, so it must be true.
B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home