Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Press: 24's Jack Bauer - marquee de Sade?

"Am I crazy, or is attacking torture by lobbying the producers of 24 almost as ridiculous as trying to make nuclear-power plants safer by urging the producers of The Simpsons to stop letting Homer play with plutonium in the lunchroom of the Springfield nuke plant?

For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of watching 24, here's a bit of background: The Emmy-winning show depicts the amazing adventures of agent Jack Bauer, who specializes in stopping terrorists from blowing up America. Nearly every week, terrorists torture Jack, or Jack tortures terrorists, or both. In one episode, the president orders a Secret Service agent to torture his national security adviser, whom he suspects of treason.

[...] Not surprisingly, 24 is very popular in the Bush administration."

(I don't like 24 anymore.)

1 Comments:

At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know several people who just love 24. One of them is my best friends son who is a freshman in college and he says all the young men in his fraternity watch it and even have all night marathons viewing the reruns. It concerns me terribly that this will be the generation running the country when I am a senior citizen.... Needless to say, I am no fan of Jack Bauer. If he could be on my e harmony can't stands I'd put him there. And close off any potential suitor who choose him as a must have. b :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home