Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Email: Hello Martian... [MS]

Relationships might be the top selling book category among women! Probably the last among men though. :-( Still I have focused on it a great deal myself, whenever I dig for answers. We all know intuitively and joke about the gender differences. I am a fairly optimistic kind of guy, but lately I have been noticing just how deeply these differences really run! The Mars/Venus (or any typology-based) books always struggle to convince me, because they use circular reasoning (generality vs. example and vice versa). I see many little bits of corroborating evidence in them, though.

I recommend Pia Mellody's The Intimacy Factor, which is very insightful about boundaries and hence trust, respect and so on. I feel it is life-changing probably for almost anyone.

I have spoken with Bill Ferguson; I think he does great work [here in Houston]. John Gray is well-known nationally and beyond, though some say he wrote the same book four times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home