Monday, July 04, 2005

Email: Dating flimflammery [JB]

[Is] my expressiveness with words attract[ive]? (Call me evocative.)

I'll admit that most of the women I've spoken with are divorced, and emotionally flimflammed at that. However I didn't say "most" [women]; I stated the two extremes. There will always be a middle ground, but to me it's helpful to know the bounds of whatever we're talking about. Even in the workplace, I'll often pin down someone who is rambling with a question like "So are you saying we should do this or drop it?" I find that understanding the shape and then the weight of a problem helps solve it better in specific instances and real lives.

Still just that you talk about how your friend is "waiting for God to send her a man" and how "dating is a game" tells me you're having the same experiences. Wolves means wolves: hunters, liars, loners in this context. I say break the "rules" of the game; it shouldn't and needn't be a game. You just have to avoid those who are making it one and find those who are being truthful and authentic about themselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home