Friday, September 16, 2005

Email: AOL Support

[This is irrelevant to my question too, but AOL later responded to say that webmail can be accessed via http://classic.webmail.aol.com.]

So you're saying Mac users can't access AOL.com using Internet Explorer, AOL Explorer, Netscape Navigator, or Apple Safari -- even though your website says they can use Safari, but it doesn't work -- and the only browser that will work for Mac users is Firefox. Well, I figured that out two days ago. Thanks for the glacial, thrice-off-base, and ultimately elliptical response.

How far the entrenched browsers have fallen, that the world's largest ISP now accepts only version 1.06 of the newcomer instead of its own or its licensed browsers!

> ----------original message----------
>
> That's not what I said [that your answer solved the problem].
>
> I said (in my first email) that I had to do something completely
> out-of-the-box because your website is not working.
>
> I said (in my second email) that even your instructions (in part) failed to
> work as well.
>
> Please read what I said and fix your website!
>
>> ----------original message----------
>>
>> Thanks for your information, all of which I knew and have tried or did not
>> apply, except for the alternate AOL sites which I had not thought of.
>>
>> However, if I may bring to your attention that this URL "does not exist on
>> this server": http://static-webmail.aol.com
>>
>>> ----------original message----------
>>>
>>> When I got to www.aol.com in MSIE (latest version for
>>> OS 9), it says the technology is old and to use Firefox or
>>> Safari. So under OS X I got to www.aol.com using Safari
>>> and I get the same message. I can only get to the AOL
>>> and AIM upgrade pages by selecting a link at the
>>> bottom of the page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home