Thursday, September 15, 2005

Raves: Mozilla Firefox

I have finally taken time to upgrade everything, including my web browser.

Speaking in general, as a technology writer of 21 years, I have used (and sometimes taught) almost every software product in existence; this includes every web browser in almost every version. Yes, I have tried them all, and like LK, I am a big fan of Mozilla's Firefox.

For one thing, it is fast. For another, it displays every page with crystal clarity, exactly as the designers intend. Go ahead and compare, and you'll see just how shabby Internet Explorer has become.

Firefox is open source and free, so it is a good model to see how Linux and other free software efforts may eventually break the Microsoft megalopoly. Or so we can hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home