Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Travel: Minnesota praise and peeves

Midwest has wonderfully large leather seats with adjustable head and foot rests.

Airport wireless Internet will cost you, and you can find no tech support after business hours in a major metro airport like MSP. I sat all night (waiting for a red-eye flight), writing and queueing emails as if it were a decade ago, because only one person covers the phones at night, and no personnel I could find were aware that wireless Internet access was available, much less a wholly different thing than the credit-card-operated kiosks in the business center, which I could not reach during the graveyard shift.

I have vowed not to stay in a Microtel again: They have walls and halls that relay every thump-thump-thump (and especially every CRASH!) that the building endures from overly energetic guests (who were legion in my case). I called to get at least the people above us to stop making the walls and windows rattle, but you could hear every conversation in adjacent rooms and halls (plus aforementioned sound effects).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home