Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Weblogs: Bichtrina's sister Rita

Monkey with a Butcher Knife!: "So how, exactly would that work out?? Well, let's see: My house was knocked down by a big, mean bitch of a storm and then the entire city was left in ruins when some cheap-ass, Wal-Mart levee broke and destroyed anything I could have otherwise salvaged. So I evacuate to Houston since they were so nice as to give me somewhere to stay while they drain the port-o-potty that used to be my home. Then this other big, bitch of a storm came and knocked my Houston shit down too!

If Rita hits Houston, I think a lot of people are going to have to question their faith and start wondering why God is going to such extravagant lengths to try and kill them."

(Hurricanes are cause for a visceral concern, but challenges are tests, whether of faith or any other strength. Like the Olympics or being an astronaut, you either have the "right stuff" or you see where you need to grow -- by being cranky, weak or whatever. "God is love" and "Mature love casts out fear" [I John]. What we can become is clear; the only question is, do we choose to grow?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home