Monday, September 19, 2005

Weblogs: You, down front!

Book Fetish: "Try your hardest not to think George W. Bush choking on a pretzel. Right now. Go. Go ahead. I dare you. See? Even if you are trying to ignore something you can’t just go back and unread that sentence can you? You can’t just forget I just wrote it. You just committed it to short term memory so somewhere, deep inside, you’re picturing Dubya choking on a pretzel. Even if you are a Zen Master and you can stop your own heart by thinking about it, you cannot refuse the power of the written word or its natural effect of imagery.

So in short, no, I can’t turn it off and yes, I will continue ruining books for myself.

But there is an upside. A great writer, a truly great writer, will always surprise me. And that is a simple beauty beyond compare."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home