Monday, September 19, 2005

Websites: QuickVerse for Mac OS X review

Bible Software Review: "QuickVerse Mac offers a low-cost Bible study library for those on a tight budget and/or who don't use Greek or Hebrew texts in the course of their study of the Bible. It needs to improve in the area of user customization (e.g., choosing default fonts, or the color of search hits, to name just two) and user interface, but it is an encouraging start.

I mentioned at the beginning that there is a 'Mac way' of doing things. While using the program I couldn't help feeling that I was working the 'Windows way' on a Mac. I readily admit that my expectations were quite high, and that is probably the main reason why I felt a bit disappointed. I was expecting the best of what QuickVerse can offer (including full compatibility with the large number of STEP books already available), but was left with the impression that a lot of work remains to be done. I sincerely hope they manage to do it.

Pros

Pronunciation feature
Good use of context-sensitive menus (right-click or Control-click)
Good assortment of Bible and general reference works.

Cons

Searching is way too limited
No compatibility with QuickVerse for Windows STEP books
There are no Greek or Hebrew resources available yet
Misleading product information."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home