Sunday, October 16, 2005

Email: Virginal experience [EH]

I think true compatibility is less about being both the same (except among "lesser mortals") but about being able to accommodate the differences in a kind and caring manner.

I still have to get the tape gunk off my windows. One unit across the way apparently plans to leave the tape on their windows to the end of the hurricane season. Chef Boyardee ravioli... Yep, slimy! I have come to enjoy Wolf chili (though having to eat it cold might disabuse me of that notion).

Maybe we need a hurricane now and then just to ground us with a sense of reality and to abate the unnecessary gloom-and-doom (which still always seems necessary, given the lack of brains and providence that many display in such times).

I think it's wild how much parents get into their kids' sports (Little League, high school football, etc.). You have to wonder what's going on there psychologically beyond just being their kids' biggest fans. Latent this or latent that. The worst is the fistfights or even the killing, all over a game. Were sandlot ball games ever this intense? I think not. People need to burst the bubble and let their egos out a bit, I think.

Seven people, four dogs and eleven cats? Wow, you could have opened up your own ark with all those animals! Good thing [Hurricane] Rita missed your town too!

Does it count if my "virginal experience" with Rita was so gentle that it almost didn't happen? Yes, it could have been brutal; thank God that Rita weakened from the second most powerful storm to ever hit the coast (as it was not long before landfall)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home