Monday, February 20, 2006

Email: Success in life [AS]

Earning more money and working with reputable people for a stable company are always good things. Never take any alternatives to those.

I wouldn't complain about people not introducing themselves to me [at a networking venue], I'd introduce myself to them. I wouldn't complain about no one socializing at length with me, the purpose is to hit as many people as possible and to follow up later (next day is best or they forget you). People go to find business, not friends (unfortunately). It is about being approachable, affable, and a "pleasure to do business with." If one is too intense or humorless, they won't want to stay in touch. Yes, I think that if one expects (and complains about) negatives, then that is often all one finds. I always look for positives, and that is largely what I find. I would like to "read" people and offer advice on how to be more open in their communications; but for some, it's much more complicated than that (involving emotional trauma, depression, or some other clinical aspect that goes deeper than social or communication style). Social success through communication requires the opposite of conformance or passivity; it generally prefers originality and initiative (and cooperation and empathy). I suppose I would simply prequalify those I could work with, and accept that not everyone can be or wants to be helped.

I call it dating too. (What else? [As opposed to a couple] seeing each other--whatever that means, it probably implies the word naked.) In my proposed books on dating and relationships, I'd like to actually define all the terms people bandy about. For instance, what constitutes being in a relationship? Think about it; I'll bet everyone has a different definition. Seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home