Thursday, April 27, 2006

Trivia: Most literate US cities

The top 10 most literate US cities are Seattle, Minneapolis, Washington DC, Atlanta, San Francisco, Denver, Boston, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, and St. Paul. Austin is #16, New York is #32 (!), Chicago is #46, and Houston is #53. Tulsa is more literate than Houston. Dallas is more literate than Houston. New Orleans is more literate than Houston. Las Vegas and Fort Worth are more literate than Houston! Less literate than Houston: Arlington is #57, San Antonio is #64, Corpus Christi is #67, El Paso is #68, and Stockton is #69.

3 Comments:

At 11:31 PM, Blogger Elton said...

Yay, Austin is #16! :) I guess all the liberals can read but all the conservatives in Houston can't ;) I was born and raised in Houston though, so I can see why it'd be so low on the list.

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger Twerpette said...

Well I'm from Minnesota where Minneapolis is #2 and St. Paul (my home town) is #9! Minnesota was the only state to carry Carter against Reagan and to elect and re-elect Paul Wellstone. I guess liberals in the rarefied North can read better than the liberals surrounded by all the conservatives in Texas and the South. ;-} Hurrah for Austin! Keep it weird!

Great blog, by the way. I've added Inside the Mind of a Nerd to my blogroll.

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger Elton said...

My blog is actually already on your blogroll, it's how I found you ;) Now it's on there twice =P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home