Saturday, November 11, 2006

Email: Weighing both sides [EH]

That's just it: Anyone who understands the Gospel would know that Jesus would have been a Democrat. Unfortunately, conservatives don't like to rub elbows with prostitutes (or gays) -- or tax collectors! Texas is full of Republicans too! I'm independent, not a member of either party, so I try to listen to and weigh both sides to find the middle (or the moral) ground. It's up to each of us to discern that for ourselves, not to accept others' word or hearsay! (Because of my background in academics, even in business I'd always read a document to know exactly what it said rather than rely on those who say "So I haven't read this thing, does anyone know what it's about?") Discerning is about testing and weighing what we see and hear to see if it is true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home