Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Email: Daylight Saving Time [GG]

Does yours [car dashboard clock] involve pressing a mode button (hours, minutes, AM/PM) but then twisting the bandwidth dial to increment or decrement the numbers? It threw me with mine (a Saturn) that they would combine digital and analog input modalities that way--I didn't figure it out, the manual didn't say, and even the dealer had to scratch their head for a while (till they found the guy who knew).

[March 11 is Daylight Saving Time this year, so be sure to spring forward one hour on all your clocks!]

2 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now why on God's green earth can't we just stay on standard time all the time? Every time the time changes it confuses me for several days and throws my whole system out of whack. As for the car,my Honda is all digital and easy to change but the buttons are tiny and hard to see. That and I forget to do it for several weeks thereby confusing passengers and getting places the wrong time because I forgot that I forgot to change it. :-)b

 
At 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The money savings, in terms of energy and energy dollars, is huge...and that's one reason why DST is important.

With new digital technology, I have several clocks that update themselves. If someone could invent an inexpensive way to update the old clocks (other than me moving from room to room, which is tedious, but free) would be helpful.

I must admit some of my time pieces stay on Daylight Savings Time all year long. When friends point out they show the wrong time, I say,"Only for half the year!" What is worse is the battery operated clock that has been at 10:10 AM for over a year now. (In my defense, the clock is hard to reach and I forgot where the special bateries are kept.)

Maybe an enterprising school aged child will become rich when he or she starts up a business to change the time for all of us adults who dislike changing or can't figure out how to change our various clocks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home