Saturday, July 23, 2005

Email: Trust in the Lord [SD]

I don't know what [a believer] can do beyond giving 100% then trusting all to him [God] all the time; meanwhile everyone around [the believer] keeps saying, "You know, you need to give the Lord 100% then trust all to him all the time" because no one knows [his] heart or listens (apparently) to [his] words. No one can understand the mysteries of the Lord or his timing; but at least let's not blame the believer for not having sufficient faith, trust and surrender.

I sing that scripture all the time:

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not to thine understanding.
In all thy ways, acknowledge him, and he will bring it to pass."

Mary Sue Dobbin and others sang it on the first Servants of the Light album 30 years ago. That album also had the only song the Lord ever gave her to write:

"I am the vine, the vine
Ye are the branches
He that abideth in me and I in him,
The same bringeth forth much fruit,
For without me, ye can do nothing."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home