Thursday, August 11, 2005

Email: Friends and life [Ch]

Ufda! is a Swedish term common in Minnesota that means Oof! or Whew! or Yowza! (oops, that's another Swedish term).

I think at this stage in our lives, friends just get into meatier problems. I'm not maxed out now but for a while there I was last year. Right now I think we're all busy with certain things (moving with one friend, lawsuit with another, career with me) so we're just dealing with our own stuff rather than talking about it a lot. Do you give your friends a hard time? I hope it shows that you feel affection for them.

No, I haven't yet found (that is, met and recognized) she-who-will-be-mine. It's certainly not going to happen fast!

You seem to be saying that you're going through or losing friends lately because you're not giving them enough attention? I'd say that real friends understand when you're busy now and then, but those who come and go too easily don't have the stuff of true friendship inside them. Just so you can focus on what's important in your life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home