Friday, November 18, 2005

Email: Microsoft's Mac prejudice [BL]

Grrr ... Microsoft's email program (Entourage) seems to mess things up half the time. I've lab-tested all combinations of the variables (sender/receiver mail program, sender/receiver operating system, attachment encoding and attachment compression) and can't nail it down to any one thing: what works for one person doesn't for another who has the same conditions. So I conclude it's either the individual user's settings, or Microsoft's Macintosh software isn't working as specified (or consistently) -- and it appears to be the latter, especially since they've started to "break" Mac users' access to MSN Messenger and the Microsoft website (as I've predicted they would for ten years, since the advent of Windows 95). The WMV file did play on a PC before I got it, and under Mac OS X after I got it. Part of why I created my weblog was to avoid emailing attachments to people, however, until I set up a separate web space (my own web or FTP site) or begin podcasting, I can only post photos (not PDF or WMV files) to my weblog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home