Saturday, August 13, 2005

Weblogs: Credo

The Church of the Holy Skepticle: Credo:
"* I believe that it's highly unlikely that life is a product of chance.
* I believe that the codification of the indescribable has led to the most hideous attrocities that this world has ever experienced.
* I believe that lavend[e]r and frivolous language are highly underused.
* I believe that Jesus of Nazareth got it right. But that that doesn't make him God.
* I believe that an effort to try to explain the experience of the divine will always fall short and that small minds will always try to attach some meaning to life, which, if the meaning exists, is less than poetic in the literal sense, and if it does not, is simply sublime.
* I believe that the actual is actually referential.
* I believe that any attempt to categorize experience, including this one, is more like a third grader trying to draw 'Advancement' than something walking forward.
* I believe that ritual and poetry are twin sisters.
* I believe that people are good in crisis and horrible in habit.
* I belive that more people should use the third person plural for collective nouns. (i.e., The jury WERE undecided. The orchestra WERE flat. Your family ARE cunts.)
* I beli[e]ve that the idea of the Holy Spirit is the best concept we've had for 'God' so far, so long as we continue to connect rather than create nomenclature.
* I do not know about the life to come. No one does.
* I believe we should stop talking about these things in fact."

1 Comments:

At 11:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so flattered that my credo ended up here. Thanks. Looks like I have a little editing to do!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home