Saturday, August 13, 2005

Weblogs: Tonight, I walk the labyrinth

Buddhepiscopalia: Gallycat's Abbey: "O God of many paths, I stand before this labyrinth today, metaphor of my journey to you. In the Western world I have been taught that `the shortest distance between two points is a straight line,' and being an impatient person, I am uncomfortable with waiting. I have often modeled my journey to you on the straight line. But you, God of infinite patience, have shown me there is another path, a curved path. On this path, my anticipation is heightened as I approach the centre, only to be led out again to the periphery. But this path more closely resembles life itself. On this path, if I just put one foot in front of the other, it may seem at times as if I am not approaching my goal, while in fact, I am drawing closer all the time. But you are a God of surprises and mystery, and I don't control the path. The labyrinth is a symbol of my surrender to mystery, trusting, not knowing for certain, that the path which curves in and out, again ultimately leads to the Centre, which is You."

(I love to pray the labyrinth.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home